My husband made this recipe when we were first married. It is now a staple in our home because it’s extremely quick and easy to make AND It. Is. Delicious! Once again, a perfect for a week night meal. If he can do it, so can you…Love ya, honey!
Quick and Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
*Makes 1 9×13 pan of enchiladas – serves 4-5
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1 can Red Enchilada Sauce (14 oz can is plenty, I use Medium heat)
10 Corn Tortillas
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Canned or Frozen Corn
TOPPINGS: salsa, sour cream, taco sauce, etc.
- Shred the meat from the rotisserie chicken and place in a bowl.
- Spray your 9×13 pan. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Create your assembly line: line up a bowl of shredded cheese, a bowl chicken, and a bowl of enchilada sauce. Dip a tortilla in the enchilada sauce. Add chicken and cheese, and roll up the tortilla placing it seam side down in oven pan.
- Continue dipping, filling, and rolling tortillas until pan is full (about 10 enchiladas).
- Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover pan with tin foil, and bake for 10 minutes. Take off foil, and continue to bake for another 10 minutes – or until the tortillas and cheese get a little crispy.
- While tortillas are warming, heat up the black beans (sprinkled with garlic salt, ground cumin, and dried oregano to taste) and the corn. Shred the lettuce.
- Serve enchiladas with corn, beans, and lettuce on top. Add any extras – sour cream, salsa, taco sauce, your pick!
Want more easy, healthy dinner ideas? What if I told you that an entire weeks (6 days!) worth of dinner recipes (PLUS grocery list!) was at your fingertips? Already planned out and ready to be consumed by you and your family? Well, I’m telling you now! Here it is – See below!
Get your FREE PDF of a Week Long Dinner Plan (including Grocery List & Recipes!) by signing up below!